Once upon a Dream in my Early Teens




I dreamed a dream in bed last night,
Of places most bizarre.
Of ponds of liquid chocolate,
And as it melted on my tongue
It dribbled all through my mouth
And makes all my senses aware.
And ducks swimming in those ponds.

..Of perfect picture puzzle paths,
And grasses of chips and jelly.
Of chocolate homes and candy worms,
Such things I'd never seen.

Of glinting, misty marble stars,
And clouds of thick eclairs.
Of crayon boats and biscuit goats,
..A weird and strange affair.

I flew past trees of eggs,
And over artistic hills.
Past eight-leg cats and purple rats,
A world so full of thrills.

I dived right into a foamy lake,
Through plastic kelps and milky fishes.
And swam with rainbow octopus,
Past shores of clotted cream.

And down below the custard waves,
And I spied a colorful giant bee.
But then, with a start I woke to find,
I... or my pillows.. eating me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love for Nature..My Photography

Kiss

Twilight