Exams - And My Preparations

"When reviewing the notes before an exam, the most important will not be understandable..!!"


Exams are such a bore, but, then again, where would we be if there were no such things as exams?

My experience as a student has taught me one thing - people need some kind of deadline or test to give their best, otherwise they tend to just take the easy way out.

I like to read. Give me a good book to read, and the world could just cease to exist, and I might not notice. But when I have to study for an exam, I simply don't have the inclination to do so. I think I have a morbid fear of being tested. I think this fear is because exams are inevitably followed by results, and results bring in their wake comparisons. And, I think comparisons are only crap.

Also, the fear of failure is another something that brings on the examination fever for me. However hard I prepare (and I really don't prepare that hard), I can never be sure of getting the desired result in the exam. I think only a very few I-live-to-study type people can claim, after an exam, of getting the desired result. Most of us come out feeling, "If only I had spend a little more time, I could have surely topped..."

Also, exam times bring about some funny changes in me. I have observed some of these changes in some of my friends too. So, I guess I can jump from the field of individuality to generality, with due respect to few exceptions. Some of these changes are:

1. Suddenly I very much enjoy watching TV. Some of those soaps that have been going on endlessly take on an interesting, unmissable turn.
2. Playing any PC game, even the dumb and boring ones, seems more fun. After all the mind needs exercise.
3. The realisation, "Early to bed, and early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise," dawns upon me right from the start of the exams. Though, I conveniently forget about the early to rise part.
4. The organizer within me becomes hyperactive. I schedule my whole day, with fixed hours of studying. But, more importantly, I schedule breaks for tea, coffee, meals, and - and last but not the least - refreshing the brain.

With all these changes in me, it is anyone's guess how my exams go...

Comments

  1. yup i agree these changes are really generalized.. since i feel the same urge to play games and it's unbelievable how my writing speed boosts up when sem monster approaches near and near.. nice piece of work dude

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Love for Nature..My Photography

Twilight

Kiss