November 24



They say leaves are not forever,
One day they fall off the tree.
Such is this irony with me,
People have gone away, and
They also returned back to me.
Friends, who were right behind me,
One day, but now all are gone.
Barring a few, mostly down to you.
You were the one, who stood up
When the rest stayed back
And faltered in their promises.
Together, you and me, showed them
What does friendship stand for.
It’s not the biggest thing that
Ever has happened with us.
But it’s those million little things
That’s made my life worthwhile.
But life is not all good things.
It keeps us at a far off distance.
So when I sit on the old bench alone
In the abandoned park nearby,
I still wish that one sunny day,
You would be there with me,
Sitting closer, hand in hand,
Then problems would cease
To take the shit out of me.
Time would come to a stand still
And we would be still there,
A friend for a friend,
In our own utopian world.
This November 24, I won’t forget.
And may my dream come true
On another cold but promising,
November 24.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love for Nature..My Photography

Kiss

Twilight