"description of mine better half"

What do I like to behold in my better half?
A face that should please me quite well
Should or not be fair but lovely to behold,
With such gleeful cheer for grief to expel;
With looks sober but stares a child's play;
Should speak such without words as none can tell;
Her hairs also, should speak of vibrant black;
Her flair, should all townmen praise; and wit,
But reminds to me of a maiden in the country skit;
Thoughts should be every bit in golden books laid;
Yet she should be, for whom no wealthy has paid;
Knows me more, perhaps than from the bosom I grew;
And treats me as does the vintner to uncooked brew;
So beautiful, that each dusk a moon rises so keen;
But she should not be such as I do wait to glean;
And if it might chance to her, I might be tied,
And knit a knot that possibly should never slide.

Comments

  1. Thats a beautiful depiction of a man's lady love... and we all will have the same opinion that such dreams rarely come true... but i dont know why i feel that this maiden who has been described is really waiting for you some where near by... All the best... And its a beautiful poem.... i loved it.. keep up the good work...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Love for Nature..My Photography

Twilight

Kiss