What if...

What if I were the morning sun,
the pink dawn budding slowly like a rose,
What if I were the twitter of the birds,
lifting dawn's blanket from the earth,
What if I were the morning yawn,
with your wish that the night were longer,
What if I were the parting kiss,
with your hope today wasn't a day of labor,
What if I were the earthy smell,
riding on cool winds and beautiful thunder,
What if I were the glint in your eyes,
as the first rain-drop grazes your face,
What if I were the scarlet sunset,
brushing past the earth's emerald surface,
What if I were the laughter of your pals,
conjuring moments that are priceless,
What if I were the moon,
and you danced to me like a thousand suns ageless,
What if I were the naughty allusion in your words,
making memorable stories,
What if I were the wayward glimmer of a broken star,
your few seconds of bliss,
What if I were the love in your eyes,
at the moment of the goodnight kiss,
What if I were the sweet dream of your sleep,
snippets of fleeting glimpse,
Not those precious bits of life, I am,
but of a rarer class, called as friend,
Pleading you to treasure these tiny gems,
as all other life is going to end...

Comments

  1. For the 'what ifs' - life would be beautiful, like this beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always written from the deepest core of your heart a masterpiece yet again woven intricately with delicate feelings and treasured moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful piece of work I would say....brings you much closer to Life!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Love for Nature..My Photography

Kiss

Twilight