...the 05B.

One of those Days
a few years ago,
just more than 8 years ago-
something hit my town.
something hit my state.
something hit my people.
October was dying.
People were preparing
for the upcoming winter.
Steady rains started pouring.
Few alarms raised.
Fewer warning bells.
The days was usual.
Wind kept charging.
Rains kept teeming.
Waters broke the walls.


People were alarmed.
But IT WAS LATE.
It was Late.
Trees were uprooted.
Roads kept vanishing.
Villages were disappearing.
Millions were dying.


Hopes vanquished.
Prayers gone astray.
Innocent Lives were Lost.
My Land was drowning.


It was the 05B.
It was October 29.
And it was the Super Cyclone.


May be its true. That,
Nature has always the Last Laugh.

Comments

  1. Hats off to U piku bhai !!!.
    It's called true retrospection ...
    But as i hv to give my comment so i think It would be even better if u put some more real facts of that disaster & arranged in such a manner that could bring tears in everybody's eyes.
    But still U deserve a big Honour 4 this...
    Cozz... u inspiring others

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of the disaster itself I shudder with fear being thankful as I could survive it but the aftermath was no less frightening. u r right pratik Nature always has the last laugh we are but puppets in front of her wrath and fury!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Love for Nature..My Photography

Twilight

Kiss