Meeting with a Spirit

                   

One fine evening, as I was strolling down an empty street, I saw a spirit sitting on a bench, sad.

"What maketh you sad, Spirit?"
"I know not, Monsieur, 'tis just that there's no place apt in heaven for this wandering creature."

I giggled a bit.
"So that's why commoners call you Undead! Look upon me, Undead. Bow down and look upon me, in deep reverence. I am called a Human, and I'm full of Life, and so many other things. What are you, Undead?"

The Spirit spoke nothing that could be heard. And as I started to leave, his voice approached from behind.

"Nothing. Nothing as compared to you, Great Human.
Of yore, Time hath deserted me, but the soul still wanders, whilst undead;
You, Sire, Human, whom the Hour still favors, are, but with a soul, dead"

Note - The last lines mean, "I am nothing as compared to you, human-being. Even after dying long ago I couldn't be dead, but you are still able to live with a dead soul.."
O Human, at least be faithful to yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love for Nature..My Photography

Kiss

Twilight