U, Me, aur Reliance - Part II

I hope all my readers are having a great time. The writing below discusses about the ongoing late night conversations between me and my new friend. Well, she's no more a new friend for me. It seems that she's been there for quite sometime now. We have become great buddies now.


"Hello. Pratik."
"Hmm, say. So, how was your day?" Again that question.
"It was.. You know na, Today I haven't read anything yaar."
Huh; I hadn't asked about studies. She had not read anything. She was worried. That meant she might talk less tonight. My brain started thinking of how to take this forward.
"But you know, I have slept all the day, slept for 11 hours!"
11 hours. That meant I had a hope. She would not feel sleepy quickly, I thought. Anyways, my stupid talks bored most of the friends to sleep.
"So gaye kya? Pratik?"
I like it when I stay quite a couple of minutes and she asks the above question.
"11 hours! Thats long. So, what are you doing now?"
"I am reading phsiology now."
What? She was studying? She was going to multitask between studying the living systems and talking with one!
"What did you do today?"
Why did she ask my daily routine? Didn't she know that I am a wasted kid on the blocks waiting to be kicked out into the boulevard of hell?
"I woke up late, then did a little studying, then took bath, had my lunch, had some sleep, sat in front of my PC till late evening, went to one of my friends for a little gossip and had some junk food, then came home late, had my dinner, and now here I am, talking to you."
I guess no one found this even a little interesting, but I don't know why she asks this question every day. May be, she knows no more way to have me start talking!
"Pratik.. Can I ask you one thing?"
Now what? I had become the blindfolded man walking on a narrow snake-like bridge over a giant stream of fire! No Rapid Fire please, I prayed.
"Yeah, sure."
"Think of yourself as a RJ in some radio station. You are going to dedicate a song to me now. So.."
"So what?"
"Idiot, what song would you like to dedicate to me then? Say now."
Thank God, there was no rapid fire this time. I would only have to think of one or two songs instead of thinking of a thousand songs. Anyways, I don't know how the hell did the RJ's managed to stay cool and dedicate good stuff to perfect idiots all through the night. But I had to do one now. And my enormous database of hindi songs again failed me at the peak moment. I was not getting a single song! Damn.
"Just think of one and say it, yaar... Or, you aren't gonna dedicate anything? Pratik?"
"I am thinking. I need time. Wait a little. In the meantime, you dedicate a song for me."
I didn't know why I asked that question. She immediately told,"..dhundte reh jayenge yaar tumhare jaisa..".
Now, why is she gonna search for someone when I was there? And how do girls get a good song at the right time again and again? They never fail at this. It's like playing dart and hitting the bull's eye in the first throw itself.
"It's a nice song. Thanks." What else should have I said? "Now you say, it's your turn."
I don't like it when someone keeps asking lame questions that I can't simply answer. Two songs came to my mind after a lot of thinking. "There are two of them. Should I tell, or..." "Good. You are gonna sing them both. C'mmon, start."
What? In the middle of the night I have to sing(in dedication) a song to her? She was staying in hostels, but I was in my home. What would happen if anyone would hear all this stuff?
"Here. This all I have. Take all this. Take your PC. Take your bike. Take everything you want to, and please go away. I don't want a worthless son." This would be my father saying, after my mother slapping me tightly twice and shedding a bucket full of tears. Why does the feminine sex have abundant tears? Each time a couple of drops are required, a full litre is delivered!
I started carefully. "Zara nazar uthake dekho... Baithe hain hum yahin.." This was a song from the movie Aao Wish Karein, and one of my best friends had kind of dedicated it a few days before. And I liked this song.
I knew it was awful. "Badhiya laga..", she said. "Now the second one."
"Chukar mere mann ko... kiya tune kya ishaara...
Badla.. ye mausam... lage pyaara jag saara..."
Thank God I had got a good song this time. It was one of my favourites. She seemed to like it pretty well. She also sand a couple of lines with me. the whole thing was sweet. Our talks continued for a little more.
"Acha Pratik, you have exams in 7 days, and you aren't sleeping at all. We'll talk tomorrow. Please have some sleep now."
After a few more minutes, I winded up my conversation. "Ta Ta."

Comments

  1. kirey kau toki sangey chalichhi raati adhiya Premac Kahani !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Love for Nature..My Photography

Twilight

STILL